WE'RE HERE FOR YOU
There is a lot of uncertainty with the global issue surrounding the coronavirus, or COVID-19, and we wanted to update you on our business continuity strategy, as well as, provide information on how you can prepare your business. Fisher’s remains ready and available to support your business during this time. We have designed our systems so we can continue to operate with a remote workforce. While at this point, Fisher’s has not closed our office, we have re-emphasized to our staff that they should stay home if they are not feeling well or work remotely if they can.
As your preferred IT partner, Fisher’s mission is to help you through this critical time and to ensure that disruption to your business is mitigated. As companies move to operating virtually and many employees start working from home, ensuring that your IT needs are mobilizing with you is crucial.
The following information outlines Fisher’s services and how your mobile team can utilize them in the next few months:
ACCESSIBILITY: The majority of Fisher’s clients have the capacity to access full or partial resources remotely. In most cases, email access will be available. VPN access is configured for many of our clients already and the addition of users to those configurations will be handled on a case-by-case basis. We have an option to provide LogMeIn access to on-site workstations remotely from any browser as an alternative to traditional VPN. This can be set up for any user that needs to operate exactly as if they were sitting at their desks in the office.
Any Google or Microsoft 365 organization will be able to access files and folders for data that is stored in the cloud. If you have hosted software and server systems, it’s likely that you’ll have full/partial access. If you have on premises infrastructure for files and applications, your access will be case-by-case.
If you have any questions about the ability to access your environment, or if there would be any limitations on your capacity to do so, please reach out to your Technical Account Manager directly or email email@example.com for details of your possible options.
IMPORTANT: The use of personal devices to access company networks pose a large security risk to your organization unless properly configured to do so. Your Technical Account Manager can help you determine the right option(s) for you.
NETWORK CONSIDERATIONS: As a Fisher’s IT Client, your network and computers are already set up for a secure way to access your resources from anywhere. However, most networks can only support 25-30% of their workforce working remotely at a time. Your network is not likely set-up for 50-100% of your people to work remotely at the same time.
For the best performance and best customer experience, please allow your Fisher's Technical Account Manager to complete a Mobile Workforce Assessment to assess your network and your business needs when it comes to remote work. They will provide you details with how much you can do with your current setup, and what it would take to allow more users to work remotely; or provide a better experience for remote workers. In most cases, the costs will be only a few hours of Project Engineering to optimize equipment. In other cases, there may be recommendations to upgrade firewalls, network switches, and/or internet bandwidth.
Sign-up for a complimentary Mobile Workforce Assessment today.
PRODUCTIVITY SUITE: Fisher’s Office 365 Clients have access to office applications from anywhere by going to portal.office.com and logging in using your credentials.
This includes access to:
- Outlook (email)
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Teams
- And many other applications
SECURITY: During media intense events like this, cyber attackers try to take advantage. They will attempt to scam your business by launching “phishing attacks”. The phishing attacks try to get you to click on malicious links or open infected email attachments. There are even malware-infected Corona Virus Map Dashboard out there that will prey on your business.
Here are some of the most common indicators that the phone call or email you received is most likely a scam or attack:
- Any messages that communicate a tremendous sense of urgency. The bad guys are trying to rush you into making a mistake.
- Any message that pressures you into bypassing or ignoring your security policies and procedures.
- Any message that promotes miracle cures, such as vaccines or medicine that will protect you. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Be very suspicious of any phone call or message that pretends to be an official or government organization urging you to take immediate action.
For the latest updates, consider visiting the World Health Organization or CDC websites. Please keep in mind that Coronavirus scams and attacks can happen at work or at home, via email, text messaging or even over the phone. Don’t fall victim to bad guys preying on your emotions.
IMPORTANT: If you feel you have received an attack at work, notify Fisher’s help desk team immediately at 208-401-6010. Please stay vigilant and aware in your physical and virtual environments.
PHONE & VIDEO CONFERENCING: If you are a Fisher’s phone Client, we have numerous options for transitioning your phone system to remote. Your phones are connected to the internet and are cloud based, so they will work anywhere with internet connectivity. The mobile app for iPhones and Androids will allow you to take calls as if you were at your desk. A cloud-based auto attendant allows you to adjust call routing and forward specific lines to cell phones or mobile applications as you see fit. The primary advantage of cloud-based phone solutions is the flexibility and redundancy it offers in situations like this.
Our complete offerings include:
- Always on Auto-Attendant ensures your customers have the same experience regardless of in-office staffing. Your Auto-Attendant and call routing can be adjusted to allow calls to go to your staff’s cell phone or other endpoints.
- Cloud Voicemail delivers your voicemail messages via email to your staff’s inbox. This ensures critical voicemail messages are not lost or missed. Users may also access voicemail via web portal at http://phone.fisherscloud.com or by dialing their own direct number and entering their voicemail PIN when they hear their greeting.
- Follow Me Forwarding allows users to set up forwarding right from the same web portal they can access voicemail (http://phone.fisherscloud.com). Users can choose to forward all calls directly to a cell phone or other 10-digit phone number or have up to 3 10-digit numbers ring simultaneously.
- Cloud Fax allows your staff to send and receive faxes anywhere. Incoming faxes can go to up to 6 email addresses as PDF. Outbound faxes can be sent from any Windows computer with the installation of a small program. You may also access your cloud fax via the same webportal as your voicemail.
- Cloud Conference Bridges are a low-cost, always-on, solution for remote collaboration. These audio bridges have unlimited minutes and can accommodate up to 200 attendees.
- For remote meetings we offer Teams as part of your Office 365 subscription. This platform is 100% cloud-based and can be accessed online from portal.office.com. We also offer multiple audio bridge options for conference calls as well as other collaboration platform options.
Note: While internet-based phone capabilities are for Fisher’s HPBX Clients and cannot be implemented quickly, other solutions can be turned on quickly to help keep remote communication fluid and current.