Becoming a Microsoft Certified Partner (MCP) is one thing. It’s another thing entirely to be a Microsoft Gold Partner, a designation that Fisher’s Technology is proud to have recently attained.
On August 20th, 2019, we announced that we had met all of the qualifications set forth by Microsoft in order to obtain their highly reputed Microsoft Gold Partner certification. It was a long road with many twists and turns, but through it all, we made the grade.
Today, Fisher’s Technology is thrilled to have become one of the exclusive few companies that can do even more for our clients with the full and unfettered backing of Microsoft.
But, what does it mean to be a Microsoft Gold Partner? Is it really as beneficial and valuable as the certification suggests? In this week’s blog post, we’re going to explain what a Microsoft Gold Partner certification actually is, and we’re going to tie the benefits of this certification to the value of the services we provide to our customers every day.
What Is a Microsoft ‘Gold’ Partner?
At its core, a Microsoft Gold Partner certification is a stamp of approval from Microsoft—a stamp that tells the world that a company has met all of the stringent qualifications and operational criteria required to be a closely-tied business partner with Microsoft.
Not just any company can waltz into Microsoft’s offices, fill out an application, and get the certification. The process is actually very involved and complex, and there are numerous requirements that need to be met before a Microsoft Gold Partner certification is even possible.
Some of these requirements include:
- A proven track record of at least five years providing IT-related services within an established market
- Satisfactory completion of multiple technical tests
- Minimum gross sales requirements
- Accumulation of at least 120 partner points
- Having on-staff at least four Microsoft Certified Trainers (MCTs) that have each passed a battery of individual tests
- Proven proficiency in working with Microsoft solutions for both end users and enterprise clients
The ‘Gold’ Microsoft Partner certification is the most highly accredited independent partner certification offered by Microsoft. In exchange for doing the hard work required to get the certification, any company that is dedicated to achieving this industry-recognized designation stands to benefit from a host of perks and partner benefits.
What’s more, whenever a potential customer sees the Microsoft Gold Partner certification logo, they know that the company is legitimate, proven, and capable. This can have limitless upside for new business development and ongoing growth of the company.
What Do Microsoft Gold Partners Get?
Once all of the qualifications for Gold Partner status are met by a business, and after Microsoft has decided that partnering with that business would be mutually beneficial, the partner can immediately begin enjoying everything that comes with a gold partner certification.
These benefits include:
- Around-the-clock support directly from Microsoft. Microsoft Gold Partners never have to wait to get direct access to Microsoft technical support. 24/7 technical support is available to all Gold partners from day one.
- More opportunities to increase sales and market share by working directly with the world’s biggest software company. Few people really understand just how large Microsoft truly is. Being a Microsoft Gold Partner means being able to tap the power of an industry colossus.
- As many as 100 licenses for Microsoft products. Microsoft knows that their partners must be equipped with the software tools they need to be successful. That’s why they provide up to 100 licenses for qualifying Microsoft software titles and packages.
- More sophisticated and effective training tools, learning programs, educational opportunities, and professional development resources. Microsoft Gold Partners can grow faster, do more, and get an edge on the competition by building their skills and capabilities through advanced training that can only be accessed by Gold Partners.
- Connections with others within the Microsoft Partner Network. Microsoft Certified Partners exist virtually everywhere throughout the world. So, wherever business takes you, a Microsoft Gold Partner certification can help you thrive there.
Becoming a Microsoft Gold Partner does take a fair amount of time, effort, and energy, but the benefits absolutely outweigh the upfront commitments. If your company is interested in obtaining a Gold Partner certification from Microsoft, the first step is to get familiar with the Microsoft Partner Center, an organization within Microsoft that serves as a portal to all the information and contacts you’ll need to get started.
With our newly minted Microsoft Gold Partner certification, Fisher’s Technology is excited for whatever challenges the future holds. Onward!
For more information on our IT solutions, from copiers and printers to software, contact Fisher’s Technology today.